The Oatmeal Cookie
- Bring 3 cups of water and a dash of sea salt to boil in a heavy pan.
- Add 1 cup steel cut oats.
- Add a half cup of unsweetened applesauce (you could use a chopped apple if you wanted, I bet that would be tasty!), a tablespoon or two of TVP (texturized vegetable protien)(this tastes like the dehydrated apples chunks in instant oatmeal, and adds a good boost of extra protien, always a plus, especially during this whole brain explosion thing!), a good few shakes of nutritional yeast, a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice(or straight cinnamon), and a tablespoon of brown sugar(it's not a lot, just enough to make it slightly sweet).
- Cook for 15-30 minutes depending on texture preference. We are good at about 23 minutes, I think... something like that.
- Add rice(almond, soy, whatever you have) milk to thin if neccesary.
- When the texture is right serve up in a bowl, top with some raisins, a sprinkle of pie spice, pour over a little milk, and put a squeeze of honey over the top.
- Commence eating and making of yummy noises!!
You should try it. It is super good stuff and pretty darn good for you too!! And most importantly it helped me make it through the morning without losing my marbles!
Happy toddler # 1!
although this is a picture of her eating her breakfast today which was plain yogurt with half a chopped plum stirred into it with a little cinnamon, raisins, and a squeeze of honey over the top.
Stinker ...oops I mean, Happy Toddler # 2
He was about to be eating some oatmeal cookie numminess in this picture... I should taken pictures of the mess he made.. but did I mention I was a little tired this morning and I wasn't feeling overjoyed at the moment of clean up time!
And what's up with both of my goofy scrunchy nosed kids!
Anyway, I should actually try and accomplish something while they are still out... thank goodness for the Pumpkin, Leek, Sweet Potato Soup in the fridge for dinner... I think the mound of unfolded laundry is more than enough for me to handle today!!
Today I am thankful for Oatmeal Cookie Oats!!