Mi Familia!!

Mi Familia!!
Roscoe, Sophia, & Emily(across top) and then I think you can figure out the rest!

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Sock Puppets

Well, today is going to be my first post. I hope that this works out the way I see it in my mind. My hope is to use this as a tool to be as thankful as I can be. Times are tough, in a lot of aspects in my life, but I want this to be about the good stuff, because there IS a lot of good amongst the frustrations, and sometimes it's easy to foget that! As I sit here being thoughtful of my hectic and not too fun day... I realize that I barely played with my kids today...and that is probably why it was crummy. My hubby's days off are often crammed with chores we need to do together, instead of enjoying our time as much as I'd like to... but on to the positive... starting with some Sophia lovin'!!!







Tonight after bathtime, instead of going straight to bed for stories and songs, after Dad got her little brother to bed. Sophia got to make sock puppets with Dad and Mama! She got a kit for her birthday from an awesome friend of ours. So tonight we pulled it out and had a blast together! Sophia went nuts with all the pre-glued felt pieces... it was truly enjoyable!




Sophia's Superfantasico Puppet!







I have good intentions of doing a lot more crafts than we end up doing...and tonight was a reminder to make it a higher priority! It is difficult with Roscoe being so young, but I'm determined to figure out a way to do more, because it was by far the highlight of my day! I LOVE all the felt wackiness on her puppet!! And I like how my "dragon" turned out too! Right now they are all in bed, in the empty tissue box that she claimed for them... to sleep in for the night.


Al's puppet




My dragon puppet


So tonight:
I am thankful for sock puppets!! : )





3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh!! Those sock puppets are darling! I've got to do that...and don't fel too bad about not playing w/ her much today. Sometimes that stuff happens and it's beneficial for her to learn to keep herself entertained...as long as you make up for it later, which you did. :) Your blog os looking great!

c said...

I love your blog! Why is it so much easier to focus on the hard stuff rather than all we have to be thankful for? I am glad you're here to remind us what we should be focusing on!

Joan said...

Hi Ruth!! Thanks for checking out my blog. It was fun getting your comments. I promptly checked out your blog, it looks great! Your babies are so beautiful - I can't believe how big Roscoe is?! You're such a great Mom and I love hearing the cooking and crafty ideas, keep them coming!!! Good connecting with you...hope you're staying warm in Pittsburgh.