Here are this weeks prompts from Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop, you can click the the picture for the details...
1.) Tell us about a lie you told that you later regretted.
I don't lie much... really, I'm a terrible liar... and I think that there could be worse things I sucked at...
2.) Choose a task you'd like someone to complete and write a poem asking them to do it.
3.) Describe a talent you have.
I'm a good cook. I cook with my heart and soul. I'm not a top chef... although I like to watch the show... but I make good food that people like to eat, and that's good enough for me.
4.) Write a list of ten things on your mind this week.
1. Emily's birthday. She will be 14 on the 14th of March. This will be her "special" birthday, a tradition that I have that the year you turn the date of your birthday, is the special birthday. I don't' know why I started it... it is a lot of pressure... mine was actually honestly one of the worst days in my life... but that's another story... needless to say, I want very much for her to feel special on this day... it is a constant murmur in the back on my head.
2. Hernia surgery. I have everything set up so that I can schedule my appointment, but want to wait until after Emily's birthday, and give Roscoe a little longer to grow up... because he isn't weaned yet.
3. babies... am I done?... or do we want just one more... will the diapers ever end?... I go back and forth... and I am just really not sure that I am done yet... but I am getting older and don't want to wait too long... but I'm totally satisfied with our family unit... but I'd have 12 babies with my husband because this house is full of love... but economic crisis.......
4. facebook-I recently joined, and because of it have become more connected with my family, even ones I haven't spoken to in a decade... trip on that! My grammie (one of my very favorite humans on the entire planet) is 76 and she is on facebook... TRIP on that!! I've gone from talking with her weekly to getting updates daily... that is so very cool... especially since we don't have travel money ...and time doesn't stop because of that fact.
5. my anniversary- it is on Leap day. there is no leap day this year, so we can celebrate whenever... but the day we were going to go out, is now the day of Emily's big school dance this year and now I will not be able to do it... because I am a mom... I want to send her to the dance... and I don't want to think about her when I'm on my date with my man... we're renting a nice hotel room, downtown, and hanging out and eating good food... and drinking good wine... and making love...and I don't want to worry about some boy groping my daughter... or god forbid her groping some boy... I want to think about the fact that I have my man and no kids in the next room... it'll work out... it's not on the real day anyway, right?
6. Barack Obama- I like him. I believe in him. I know that he is naive to Washington DC, but that is one reason I like him. I will not criticize him for trying to change things. I don't think that he will do all the things he wants to do. But I do believe that he will do the best he can. He's not a god. He's a man. I happen to believe that he is a good man... with good ideas, as well as ideals. I like to think that he will do his very best... because he really does care. I don't care if people are cynical.... I drank the kool-aid a long time ago. I was so excited when he ran, because I had followed him anyway... He makes me feel proud to be an American... I have always been proud... I come from a military family... but I think that there is an arrogance that some Americans have... that I don't like so much.... but, that is part of what is great about America, I guess, people don't have to think the same way and when there is a good solid debate about things then both sides generally learn from the other. I wish people would give him a chance, because with a little help from all of us. I do believe we can change the world... what?
I already admitted to being a stinky hippie... : )
7. teething- my son may or may not be... he is cranky and clingy... and adorable, but needy right now... he is hitting the stage of temper tantrums... and it's fascinating and scary, to watch him act so differently... he threw his head back and kicked his feet at me like a cartoon character today. I laughed at first (oh only to myself... and only for a second, trust me) because I couldn't believe he was doing it. I had to walk away... and come back in a bit when he was done. it was loud. and sad for him. he got over it and we gave lots of hugs when he was done. he is sweet... his poor little brain is just exploding in so many directions right now... I think it can be overwhelming at times.
8.long days- Al is going into a 2 long day stretch. he will work for over 24 hours in the next 48. he has to cover for a coworker, who passed away last week. at the restaurant. so sad. 27. 2 kids, out of nowhere. he worked with him 3 or 4 days a week. it happened at work on a day my man had off. cardiac arrest. over in minutes. sad. totally weird. kind of creepy.
9.Emily's project- I have a project in the works for my daughter for her birthday that has been in some stage of the process since September. I will put up a post on it soon. I'm not being coy, it just seems that life goes fast. there are so many things to do at any given moment and I just don't have the leisure time to do all the things I'd like to do. blogging has been on my mind but not feasible as much as I'd like it to be... my family always comes first with me.. and there's a lot of us, so it's pretty time consuming! : )
10.Tattoos- I have a few tattoos...and I have several more in my head... some have been there(in my head) for awhile and some are new.. but most have been in my head for a long, long time. I am ready for another one to be on my body. I love tattoos and if I was made of money I would probably look like Kat Von D... luckily for me, I'm not made of money.. because as much as I love them, all the ones I have are so sentimental... I like people to be able to see them and after awhile you get lost when there are too many... that being said I have a huge backpiece that has been in my head for at least 10 years and maybe even more... there is a whole plan... piece by piece... and I have been sketching some of them out recently. two of the four that I have I drew... although one of them was a very rough idea... one was traced from my design. one of the others a friend of mine drew when we were 14(yup 14). at the time it was supposed to go on my left breast... as I aged(and had a baby!!) I decided the hip was a much better idea! and of course it was. I got it done about 11 years later. It was one of the very few things that I had in my bag when I left home... and came back pregnant. the last one was my very first tattoo. done when I was 17 with a guitar string/electric taped motor/ bic pen gun... in a trailer while we were all sitting around.
Pat asked me.. hey Ruth... want a tattoo?
me: sure, alright.
pat: well what do you want?
me: I dunno.. how a bout a lizard.
Yeah, I love Pat, but it looked like a tattoo done with it's lousy instrument... choppy and amateur... well about 5 years later he fixed it for meby going over and adding a lot to the old one, for free, in his shop... and now he's kind of a bad-ass, actually! I love it now, and it is bright and beautiful 13 years later, people still comment on it's beauty... thanks Pat! : ) I wish you didn't live over 2,000 miles away!
well, I know it has been a while since I put up a post, but there always seems to be so much stuff going on in my head... I have been actually writing in a journal.. you know with a (gasp!) pen... I just haven't been able to get things together on here... I have a few more posts in mind. This weeks prompt was perfect because I could release some of the "stuff"... and I feel better now.
Tonight I am thankful that my family lives in a house full of love!
I am thankful that my husband is healthy.
I am thankful that I enjoy my day to day life... because what else is there?
I am thankful that my daughter is in underwear... just like that... just like I kept saying to myself(but maybe not quite believing) it would happen.