Mi Familia!!

Mi Familia!!
Roscoe, Sophia, & Emily(across top) and then I think you can figure out the rest!

Friday, April 3, 2009

a quickie

WARNING: everything here has been written by a girl on numerous painkillers.

Hi all!
I made it through the surgery!
I ended up getting ELEVEN holes in my body, staying overnight at the hospital(which was not expected... but neither were 11 holes!!)
I am home and on a good amount of pain medicine.
I am doing alright. but it is a bit of a struggle...
my next post will be one about humility and how I think that is one lesson that I need to learn from this experience.
one of the hardest things ion the world for me is to have to depend on other people to take care OF me...I'm a much better caretaker than a care receiver... it makes me feel guilty and is very uncomfortable for me...
all of this being said...
I am healthy(enough) and headed to bed.
Just wanted to thank you all for your thoughts and prayers and let you know that I am among the living... the drug induced and overwhelmed perhaps but here and kicking nontheless.

Today I am grateful to have a family who will take care of me.
I am thankful that my surgery was successful.
I am thankful that in a month this will all be a memory and I will be feeling MUCH better!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome home! Glad the surgery is over for you and do take the time to let others care for you while you heal.

Willoughby said...

I've been thinking about you and wondering how your surgery went. Glad to hear you are doing well! Don't feel guilty about letting your family take care of you, I'm sure it makes them feel good to help. Take care, get some rest and enjoy the pain killers while you've got them!

Tattoos and Teething Rings said...

Congrats on a great surgery! Now, sit back, relax, and let the meds do their job...and let your family care for you!! I hope you have a speedy recovery and a healthy future.

Raoulysgirl said...

Glad to hear that you are on the mend! Hope your recovery is speedy and uneventful!!! Sit back, relax, and let them wait on you for a while...it'll be "MOOOOOOOOOOOOM" soon enough!!!

Tanya said...

I was asking about you on the exchange. Glad your surgery went well. Take of yourself and dont be afraid to let you family help care for you.You will be back to be the caregiver soon enough!

thamesarino said...

thank you everyone!! : )
I am doing my best to take the advice of everyone... rest and relax... but I am already restless! : ) I am still headed back to bed.. no wireless here so I'll catch up with all of you really soon! thanks again!: )

Lissaloo said...

Glad to hear all is well & over :) Hope you're getting your R & R :)

Jen said...

Ih ope by now that you are feeling much much better.